Monster Hunter Generations - Review

Finally I did it! I have fully completely my goal that I set out for in Monster Hunter Generations many moons ago. My play-through was filled with much pain, sweat, and tears. But above all I have so much fun playing this game, my experience with this game could even be considered an addiction if you will, a habit that took until I saw every single quest to get checked for remedy. This was my first video game into the MH series, so my opinion my interest some as other than a quick demo from another game in the series I have no prior knowledge to the franchise.
I have this rule where I avoid purchasing games that either my brothers have a stake-hold in, or already has to many sequels in its lineage. Not playing the original in a series just makes me feel undeserving of the fandom. This rule keeps me from spending to much money and with adult life creeping up on me slowly but surely, time is something that I need to keep very well track of.
Fun fact; back in high school I was originally going to get into MH with the one that came to the Nintendo Wii U, however, after my friend refused to sell me the 3DS version because he wanted to beat it first, I immediately lost interest. Years later my same group of buddies and I were having trouble sticking to a game in which we could all buy and play together, this was around the same time MHG came out, and lo an behold one of my buddies found a loophole in my rule, and with a little bit of persuading I ended up getting this awesome title. 😍
Although we didn't really end up playing the game together all that much, I had an incredible time both off and online. The beginning was a bit shaky for me as I had no idea what I was doing nor what to do, lucky to of my buddies were familiar with the franchise and were happy to teach me the ropes. after awhile I got the hang of things, so much so I even set-out to finish the game. As a quick word of advice from my time playing, sticking to perfecting a few weapons really took me a aways.
I really hunkered down on two weapons, since I gravitate to heavy's in games, the hammer was an easy go to. I purchase all the hammers in-game and really got attached to mastering the play-style. The hammer alone got me through the campaign, and even though there wasn't much of a story, did't really think to much about it when I was bashing in dragons! 🔥
In the multiplayer section of the game is were my money really got its worth 🤑. In order to avoid death and still be able to contribute to the online play, I went with the bow-guns during multiplayer. There was a point were I went prowler for awhile - a style where you play as a cat - but once I've obtained all the armor and weapons I wanted, everything started coming to perspective. 📘
I played this game for a long time, and I mean long and arduous. Playing monster hunter is no easy feat; for new comers it can be intimidating if you don't have friends that can help like I did, multiplayer can in itself is humongous hurdle what with the social learning that needs to be both explored and manipulated, and above all finding all the beasts weaknesses and exploits. Whether I will continue to pursue the series is something that I will have to wait-and-see, I would be amiss if I didn't take the time right now to thank everyone online who took the time to help a noob out and take down every single quest in the game, and a special shout-out to my buddies who to this day will struggle to find a game that we all have in common to play.                 Thank You All for Reading!

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆

TGWP's Seal of Approval
Tips & Tricks:


  • Speak multiple languages
  • Rearrange the bottom screen to fit your needs
  • Newbies, doing all starting quests helps a lot

Comments

Post a Comment