How I Review games


   On this blog there are two writers and in this post I am only speaking on my behalf (Raul). All writers write differently and that is because everyone thinks differently. I know right who would have known. The way I see games is as an art. Many games are very creative and in a world so vast it can sometimes be very hard to be creative. I can assure you that if you think of something someone might have already thought of it too. I feel it is important for people to know this so they understand why I don't like to be so harsh on games, but that doesn't mean I can't distinguish when a game is made just to make a quick buck. I can and will be harsh if the game deserves it.

  So when I play a game to review it I try to make sure I forget about me reviewing it. In other words I try to just have fun with the game. I do this so when I start to write the review I can really think of my experience playing the game as anyone else would; because if I think about reviewing the game as I'm playing it then I wont be able to actually enjoy it. That is the problem I have with reviews, a person that is going to just play the game is not in the same mindset as a reviewer, therefore a reviewer is not going to be able to enjoy the game as much. I am just an amateur Reviewer and I don't have as much pressure on me as other reviewers so you can't blame them.

   My main focus is on game play and how enjoyable the game is. However there are games that mostly focus on story or some really focus on its visuals so in those cases I would change my focus. Aside from cases like that I won't really care too much about how a game looks. I like good graphics in a game but as long as it is passable it should be fine, because its not something that makes a game fun. As for story I always have mix feelings about it. I feel like stories aren't entirely necessary but if a game has a good story and still has good game play, it only makes a game better. I think I better explain my self on this in another post.

  I tend to give indie games more slack because they are made by much smaller groups. I still point out the bad things in a game  but i try to include ways it can be improved. I have a soft spot for indie games but I will try to be more critical. To those of you reading please leave a comment about what you think about my process and tell me how I can improve.
   

Comments