BoxBoy! (review)

There are very few video games that are puzzle base that I can honestly say I excel at. BoxBoy! brought to us by HAL Laboratory (the creators of Kirby) really do know how to make simple and creative worlds, not to mention adorable main characters. The simplicity of the overall games aesthetic and puzzle design is truly gives it an ease of accessibility and charm. Before I continue any further I should point-out that I passed BoxBoy! earlier on when it came out, however, I did not complete it until recent. You can check out my drawing in the link here https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV44Hm0Strw I made it celebration of 100%ING it. The games story is a bit fuzzy to me, but from what I do recall there are stakes here. When your running around meeting different characters, solving puzzles, and changing costumes on the 3DS... you eventually come to a point where a character dies, and since the game is for the most mute in dialogue, it is that moment when you realize "Oh Fuck! Shit is going down." There are two more games in the series, I don't know if I'll get them, but the fact that I'm pondering the idea outta tell how good a puzzle game BoxBoy! is.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Tips & Tricks: 

  • Add meh on Miiverse (L3GNAA) or Toni
  • Ask for help online, there are multiple outlets
  • Spend your handheld's coins for assistance

Comments