Mini DAYZ (review)

Mini DAYZ is a somewhat spin-off of the articular DAYZ on PC. The video game application plays out as a top down, third-person survival game with a retro visual design. At first, I didn't know what to make of the game. Timewise I really haven't had my built PC for too long, so although I can technically get the original now, I lack the motivation to still seek the game out. However, when I heard a miniature "kinda" version of the game could be found on my phone's market store for free, well needless to say I was on that like a barrel full of monkeys (I don't know if that metaphor applies to my actions... you get the point!) Retro style games aren't a selling point for me, but nor are they a deal-breaker. Trust me when I say this is one application you won't be deleting any time soon. 😁
This game knows what it is; a bite-size of the zombie apocalypse where the clear objective is to acquire a boat and get out, and although I never manage to accomplish this. The drive I had to this coerced me to change my tactics and find new ways to loot/scavenge. The app has minor issues, yet its the fact it's mobile is what makes it perfect for short play sessions, or more of course if you'd like... but if your cellphone gets hot that's on you. 📱💀

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆

Tricks & Tips: 

  • Get close to car- trunks while running
  • Use the environment to block enemies 
  • Use the analog rather than the tap mode

Comments