Sakura Samurai (review)

Its been awhile since I got this game, I remember downloading this 3DS title with the points I've aqumilated through Nintendo's online credits, and spending on there no longer available prize website. The company has since then registered a new URL still providing a similar, but not quite the same service like they use too. Anyways, I recently passed this game while I was on holiday (one of many games I've been playing when I had the time that wasn't school), and after much time I finally got around to seeing this feudal-Japan based till the end.
The game plays incredibly well, especially when you consider it as a portal sword game. The story is simple, you play as this Samurai named Sakura, who has to save the spiritual princess from an army of baddies. Not gonna lie, the gameplay is as exciting its enticing story. Using a system of patiently waiting for the opportunity to strike with your very sensitive katana.
The reason it took me so long to get back around to this video game was mainly do to the fact that I got stuck at a certain point, resulting me to grind for coin, entertaining villagers cutting tossed fruit like some cheap clown. Overall I can't say I didn't have fun playing this game, but honestly there isn't much reason to keep playing after the first go around, except perhaps for the Expert Mode.

Rating: ⭐⭐☆☆☆

Tips & Tricks:

  • Stock up on coins
  • Patience is key
  • Study enemy movements

Comments