Thief (review)

The Nightmare Begins

I follow a certain set of criteria prior to making a retail purchase, the major being of which would be determining the setting of a video game. For example, perhaps two similar game titles are out in the market each of which containing a different theme, now depending of which strikes my interest more is most likely to be the outcome of that decision. I like stealth games, they aren't exactly on my preferred list of genres do to their requirement of prolong-patience, however, after playing the critically acclaimed title Dishonored on Xbox 360, I had a hankering for a similar experience but on  the PlayStation side. Now, I had heard of  the Thief series prior to getting the newest one, and I gotta say sorta regret the purchase.



Wondering the City

Unless you're truly curious about this title, because you wanna personally check out the gameplay & story, then I say go for it, but be warned many hazards lay ahead (or you could just look up gameplay online). The frame rate in the cut-scenes are atrocious, not to mention the overall narrative is little bit lackluster as our protagonist is a generic Batman clone, seeing as he robs but doesn't kill... even though your given tools and moments that will normally end with you taking out a guard. Upon finishing the game I then do what I usually do with PlayStation, start going after trophies. The platinum isn't necessarily hard (without a guide that is), if anything the only factor that dwindled the repetition is the games lack of a fast travel. I can't count how many times I ran through the same places and levels simply because its become a blur.



Conclusion

There are better stealth titles out there, ones that aren't riddled with a caveat of tropes and annoyances; In fact, I would say if it wasn't for me putting so much time & energy into completing this title I probably wouldn't even give it a star. However, since I have put in so much time into this video game, I have mastered the title so well that I would even go as far as to it wasn't that bad.



Query

What are your thoughts and opinions on this game? Did you have a hard time like I? Are you a fan of the franchise, or stealth games in general? Let us know in the comment section below.



Rating: 🌟☆☆☆☆

Tips & Tricks:

  • Use guides as much as possible
  • Go to options and up the lighting
  • Purchase the companion app

Comments