Fe (review)



Silent, But Deadly
This is my third video game title for my Nintendo Switch, and for whatever reason I've decided to make it my default platform of choice for any 3D platformers. Fe... fee... féa, however you pronounce it, initially captivated me with its dark/pleasing aesthetic, but that quickly went away when the frame rate dropped out of nowhere, immediately making my somewhat enjoyable experience into sadness. The game is still fun to play, whether it be on either handheld or dock mode, but for the purposes of my ideal walkthrough I decided to play on my crispy-cream monitor until I finished the story, then I played on the Nintendo Switch's' small screen so I can hunt for the remaining collectibles portably.



Fe is Fin for Fairy
The game has a very clear message, in that nature is beautiful, and it clearly needs our help. Originally I had this was a mysterious land that was that was in being threatened by extraterrestrial forces, and it was up to you, an insignificant woodland-creature to help save your home. However, the more I progressed, the more odd the story seemed to unfold, with an incredibly jarring conclusion to boot. Overall, there is a lot of serine enjoyment to be had here, although a bit muddled in a the development decisions. Also quick side note, a few people I know have mistaken this game for Spyro... yeah.




You Got a Friend in Me
At the moment I've obtained a few upgrades via collecting a certain amount of crystals, and to be honest it's becoming quite the trek. Hopefully, the next upgrade will allow me to locate the remaining crystals a little more easier, if not then I'm calling it quits, since the game doesn't have trophies that shows the world how much you suck, I don't really have any ambition to one-hundred percent the game. Recently I brought over my Switch to school, nor only that but a couple of my friends from skool check the game out, and just seeing the awe and wonder in their eyes really made me re-think this game... keep in mind they were noobs after all, so what do they know, I'm the blogger here.

Rating: ⭐⭐4/5

Comments