Fortnite (mobile)

Popping My Cherry
After an amazing success on consoles, the Free-to-Play/Battle Royal video game Fortnite, has finally made it's way to mobile. And get this... out of all the platforms this free title is on, I consciously chose the portability of my phone to be what I started playing this on 😁. So without further ado, let's get into my week long experience with the app, and all my opinions that come with it.


I'm a Noob, Be Gentle
Immediately as I fired up the game straight into the launch menu, I was sorta befuddled by the lobby's minimal design, and at the same time impressed by it. I suppose my mix of emotions came from prior experiences with multiplayer-mobile titles that are just way too compact with menu information, however, non of this really matters as that play-button was really all I ever selected. After some quick sparing sessions with multiple other players in the waiting area, I was hoisted up far up into the air by a giant-balloon bus filled to the brim with loot seeking and blood-thirsty players... I was shot and killed immediately after exploring for a bit.


Exploring My Options
The game has a fantastic cartoon aesthetic, with incredibly well detailed map(s). Your character's physic alternates per game, so don't get too attached. Every time I played a game, I always tried landing in different areas, which for the most part prompted me to approach scenarios differently. Some of my matches either lasted me minutes or seconds, particularly the ones where I actually used the building mechanics that aren't vital, but sometimes necessary to win match. I tried sticking together with my squad sometimes, but mainly stuck to going about matches by myself. The game may have eaten away at my phones battery, but the game was still fun as hell! I can't wait to continue building, fighting, and strategizing; Oh wait hold up, the games down for maintenance... F%#* 🚌🎈


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐4/5

Comments