Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money (review)

Unless you're a fan of the gut-busting show Trailer Park Boys,  this mobile game may not be for you. My first introduction to the show was brought to me my young brother who had prior to making non-stop references around the house, he was binge watching the seasons on Netflix. After becoming a bit fatigued with the another millions of drama shows I've been watching, I thought to myself... you know what I deserve to watch a dumb/funny show. I have yet to finish the show, but I gotta say playing the phone app while watching the Bubbles, Ricky, & Julian get into all sorts of mischief is quite the experience for not only me but anybody that wants to enjoy a stupid/raunchy T.V. show that is filled with its diverse casts of characters.
The game goes as follows; you follow the boys season-per-season attempting to gain enough cash-flow before Mr. Lahey shuts you guys down. It's your run of the mill tap-sim gameplay with some occasional story-line motifs, and of course an abound-is of hilarious references. Now the game is not perfect, in fact in I hope the shortness of the game and micro-transactions is on purpose, because it would fit in so well with the theme of Greasy Money. However, for the player it can it extremely irritating to know that anytime you start the app up you're only gonna be spending a few minutes doing what you have to do in order to progress. Now an argument can be made that the purpose of a cellphone-app-game is to be short, and although I agree with that statement, I think its a pretty bad design choice when the only way increase your game experience is by watching a ton of ads.

Rating: ⭐⭐



Tips & Tricks: 

  • Only for the fans
  • Watch while watching the show
  • Events are added to the game


Comments