Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (review)

I have never played any game in Ace Attorney series, however, I hope my unique perspective will either fill you with much intrigue and or hatred 😄. In fact, my only knowledge prior to this game -- is I'm sure with many of you -- the outrages amount of references with finger-pointing "Objections!" says a lot about this games ability to stay relevant; and all-in-all in my opinion if your game franchise has the ability to become a meme... well hats off to you Capcom. Anyways, I wanted to stick my toe into this in order to see what was all the hullabaloo about, unfortunately as I was scowering the web for a retail copy it quickly became apparent there wasn't any 😐. Disappointed at first, this hiccup didn't deter me from picking up a digital one; which was to big of a hurdle for me as I already had purchased several digital video games in the past on a variety of systems. So any who's, what did I think about my first game into the Phoenix Wright titles?
Fortunately, before playing Dual Destinies, I actually took the time to watch the anime now streaming on Crunchyroll, so I had become familiar with the cooky anime goofiness this franchise goes for. However, beyond the overall goody two-shoes tone (IE always being the superhero lawyer that saves the day) here lies an incredibly detailed narrative with great characters.
As I was "playing" through the game I couldn't help but question; is this really a video game? Sure there were elements of pointing and clicking, but 95% of this title was trying to find new methods of proceeding through the story that was just smashing the A button. Well those were my review, what were your thoughts? Please leave a comment in the section below.      - Writer, L3GNAA

DLC
The game offers wardrobe changes and a completely new case for you to tackle, where it fits into the main story is left unclear. However, I really enjoyed my time with the games dlc, it offers a great narrative for anyone that wishes a tad more out of this title.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐☆☆

Tips & Tricks:

  • The 3D is pretty good highly advice use
  • Use headphones if you want to get more immersed
  • Check out the Miiverse community before its gone

Comments