SMITE (Review) - Becoming a God

My Introduction to the world of SMITE
 Gods fighting gods, a game pitch to end all game pitches. This MMO video game started as I'm sure it was for many people, put simply as another PvP battle arena that was trying to compete with money-sinking behemoths such as League or Dota. However, upon close inspection, Smite stands out with its most interesting aspect being that of the camera.
  It was my first semester of College, and being the noob I am, I immediately befriended a fellow gamer, but not just any software-entertainment enthusiast, a player who mainly stuck to one game. These "people" can easily spotted as the normies who only play games like Sims, Call of Duty, and sports games. I recently had gotten into PC gaming and was thirsty for the works. My first instinct was to get into the genre PC's were synonymous for; Top-down strategy tittles. Although Smite is its own thing, the barrier to entry is a well-thought out one for anyone even curios about this download.
Getting started
  Rather than getting to know the starting characters smite provides for newbies, I decided to get a leg-up on the competition and purchase the best players from each class. After doing the research it was time to play with my friend. He apparently wanted me to get some solo experience before parenting up with him, as he plays to win! He needed a tank (a term along with multiple I learned that), what essentially means the big/slow heavy-damaging member of the team. With my Mayan-god Cabrakan, I dropped into the Roman battle-Arena. Cabrakan is great with crowd control, giving the team a big edge on the field. Fortunately, the game is filled with skin-customization, so no matter what character you pick you'll get a always be in for a surprise.
Training
  My buddy was also in need in a hunter, so I obtained the best one to deal out damage. In order to aid my team as well as practice so I could quote on quote... "get good"; I was told to head into the jungle (the optional buff-area in the field) and practice my skills. For my first overall experience I ended up mainly going with the mage character Kukulkan. Unfortunately the school semester had ended leaving me considering whether or not I should continue to keep playing. You see the game can be quite addicting, depending on the game-mode a single match could take quite awhile. However, there is a lot of lure that kept me coming to the game daily.
Set-Up
  Although favor is the games currency its really gems what your gonna want to save up on, as not only do they take longer to accumilate, but can be put to good use to purchase what everyone really wants in these types of games... the skins! Here's how my current daily routine goes; I log in to receive the moolah, then proceed to do any of the weekly challenges, if nothing is available I then proceed to at least get in a quick game of Conquest; Thanatos, has slowly become my go to for this mode. Smite has become a profound e-sport over the years with yours truly slowly getting into the program.
Community
  From what I understand there is a variety of ways to connect with other like-minded players; I have used the Twitch, as well as Discord - granted not to the highest potential, but still - actually the best way to add players is simply to be descent player and constantly communicating with your team. I have yet to learn all the quick-commands, but trust me when I say these are incredibly useful, that is when you don't accidentally block your screen with a misused key input. I remember when I was first starting off, I would constantly be playing the mode Joust as Ravana, probably the best game to focus on interactions since it is such a small focused game-mode. I have yet to MIC with someone... anyone.
Events
  The best part of SMITE, has got to be the Adventure-mode. These special events are completely dominating, as the theme varies with structure and goals. For example, currently there is an event going on right now that centers around the character Hercules, but the objective of the adventure is rely on cooperation with other players to complete a stage. The differentiation between events is quite large, as compared to the last one where a limited dragon skin was out, and the Arena was used and changed for the relevancy. I strongly recommend Smite for anybody looking for a change of scenery in plot here. Got any questions? Leave a comment below, and add me on @L3GNAA.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tips & Tricks:

  • Practice for a good solid month
  • Master a handful of characters of intrest
  • Learn to socialize as things get pretty heated


Comments