Salt and Sanctuary (PS Vita)

Arriving

  I should be completely upfront before getting into the nitty-gritty of this action-RPG. I have never played any of the Dark Souls titles, nor do I have any desire to do so, I'm probably missing out by not doing so but what are you gonna do... Medieval Fantasy just doesn't resonate with me. However, the variety of video games that have been inspired by the series have there own interesting themes that seem to allure me to better effect. Although available on multiple platforms, I really-really wanted to get my hands on a Souls-like game in a portable form, so when it became available to download on PlayStation Plus, I jumped on it immediately. The 2D art style is quite appealing, despite the design crippling most of the difficulty these games are known for I believe this is a still great for anybody looking for a Gothic-setting, or a gateway into the genre.

Grinding

  I would say the real meat of the game is in its second-act, which isn't to say the game isn't hard, but rather the difficulty fluctuates as you progress especially depending on what class you decide on during the intro-customization. There is a narrative, however, it takes a back seat here as we all know gameplay is king! That being said you'll want to keep talking to NPC's as they'll sometimes have something of rather importance. It took me awhile to finish this game, but I look forward to the New-game plus content, and who can resist the rather fair platinum this game provides for us hunters.

Closing Thoughts

  Honestly I thought I would have more to say on the matter, but the games straight-forward nature speaks for itself, yet lets summarize; the game is heavily inspired by Dark Souls, the game is in 2D, and the game can really kick your ass when your not looking. With s vast amount of enemies/bosses, locations to discover, and useful armor & weapons... well lets just say you'll be in for one heck of an amazing experience. Please leave any comments you'd like in the section below.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments