Rise of Nightmares (kinect)


What Have I Done
A couple of years back I purchased a few Kinect titles for my Xbox 360. However, overtime new consoles came out, video games were released, and that's not even mentioning my academic life. I wouldn't consider myself as a completionist, but I do have a need to finish my games all the way up to at least the credits. Rise of Nightmares, is a First-person horror game, with a strong emphasis of pissing someone off when the motion controls are finicky. I'm still playing, so bare with me.



The Story (loosely)
The game starts with you on a European train headed to a European location with your non-European wife. Now, I highly emphasis the European aspect of this game because there's a strong possibility all the voice actors in this game phoned everything in. Anyways, the train crashes, your wife gets kidnapped, and mostly every character dies upon arrival. Apparently there's a mad scientist who's been experimenting on humans for... whatever reason, there's a bit of magical elements to the lore, but I honestly couldn't tell you. In the game I'm currently trapped inside the body of an enemy, your wife is either brainwashed or was part of this from the get-go. And that's my synopsis so far.



Synopsis
The game is definitely playable, and by the looks of things passable, however, I honestly can't wait to get it over with and move on to my next review. Somebody in the developing team must really like Tarot cards as they everywhere throughout this title, I only mention this because for some reason these cards are prominent around me. Unless your generally curious about a scary SEGA motion-controlled game, I would avoid this even more than you already avoid the Kinect.


Rating: ⭐ 1/5


Comments